The four most common cleaning codes found on fabric furniture are W, S, WS and X. Simply put this means Wet, Solvent, Wet/Solvent, or X-Vacuum only.
Upholstery Cleaning Codes:
- Cleaning Code S and Code D: Dry cleaning by a professional furniture service is recommended. Use a mild, water free dry cleaning solvent. CAUTION: Use of water-based or detergent-based cleaners may cause excessive shrinkage. Water stains may become permanent and unable to be removed with solvent cleaning agents. To prevent overall soil, frequent vacuuming or light brushing to remove dust and grime is suggested.
- Cleaning Code F: Foam clean.
- Cleaning Code W: Clean this fabric with water-based cleaning agents or water-based foam to remove overall soil. Many household cleaning agents are harmful to the color and life of the fabric.
- Cleaning Code SW (W/S): Clean this fabric with water-based cleaning agents, foam, or pure solvents. Professional dry cleaning is recommended. To prevent overall soil, frequent vacuuming or light brushing to remove dust and grime is suggested.
- Cleaning Code X: Clean this fabric only by vacuuming or light brushing to prevent accumulation of dust or grime. Water-based foam or solvent-based cleaning agents of any kind may cause excessive shrinking or fading.
Related Upholstery Care Articles:
- Acetate Fiber in Upholstery
- Leather Upholstery Care
- Microfiber Furniture Care
- Office Cubicle Walls, Office Partitions, Room Dividers - Cleaning
- Pet Hair
- Protectors for Upholstery
- Upholstery Cleaning for the Homeowner
- Upholstery Cleaning for the Professional
Related Upholstery Care Products (Links Open to the Bane-Clene Store in Separate Tabs or Windows):
- APS™ All Purpose Spotter
- Bane-Glides™ Furniture Movers
- Brown Out®
- Dry Cleaning Machine - For Upholstery, Furniture and Drapery Cleaning
- EZ Moves for moving even heavier furniture, file cabinets and other heavy equipment
- Foam Blocks
- Furniture Brush
- Furniture Pad (Furniture Blanket)
- Furniture Tabs
- Grime Reaper Upholstery Brush
- Handi-Brush™ for Pet Hair and as a Carding Brush
- LCA®-256 Liquid Extraction Detergent
- Lift Buddy
- Natural Fiber Cleaner
- Perky Spotter®
- Solv-A-Clene™ Upholstery and Drapery Dry Cleaning Solvent
- Sta-Clene® Formula 940 Soil & Stain Repellent
- Upholstery Cleaning Tool - External Spray
- Upholstery Cleaning Tool - Low-Moisture Internal Spray