Perky® All-Purpose Spotter Carpet and Upholstery Spot and Stain Remover
from Bane-Clene® Corp.
Perky Spotter has long been the standard for professionals to safely and effectively remove all types of spots, spills, and stains. Perky Carpet and Rug Spot and Stain Remover is especially effective on protein stains such as blood and food spills and often works very well on pet urine problems carpets, rugs and upholstery. Image to right is of Perky Spotter with a Handi-Groom, sold separately.
Perky Removes Spots and Stains from:
- Hot & Cold Drinks
- Animal Accidents
- Copy Toner
- Food Spills
- Fruit Juice
- Shoe Polish
- Dirt & Mud
- And many more…
Properties & Specifications of Perky:
- Approvals: Carpet and Rug Institute Seal of Approval, EPA Design for the Environment.
- Form: Clear, colorless, nearly odorless liquid.
- Use pH: 9.5.
- Use Concentration: Undiluted.
- Safe for: stain-resistant nylon carpet.
- Storage: Protect product from freezing. Keep container closed when not in use.
- Manufacturer: Groom Industries.
- Country of Manufacture: United States of America.
- Flammability: Non-flammable.
- Catalog Numbers: 30511, 30512 and 30513.
How to Remove Surface Spots and Stains from Carpet and Rugs with Perky Spotter:
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Read label directions and cautions before using.
- Always pretest for colorfastness and fiber distortion in an inconspicuous area.
- Do not apply to color sensitive fibers, leather, satin, silk, suede, velvet, non-colorfast wool, or any fabric that can be damaged by water based solutions.
- Remove as much of the spilled material as possible prior to solution application.
- If particle or powder spill, dry vacuum up.
- If liquid spill, blot with colorfast, absorbent towel.
- If sticky material, then use a spotting spatula, dull knife or Carpet Shark to remove as much of the material as possible.
- Apply solution to spot with flip top applicator. Agitate into spot with spotting spatula, tamp area with spotting brush, or blot spot with colorfast absorbent towel.
- Allow solution to dwell for 2-3 minutes.
- At a minimum, blot area with clean, white absorbent towel
- For best results, extract area and rinse with water.
- Consider possible negative effects on backing materials such as latex, foam cushions and other stabilizing material.
- For treatment of upholstery, apply Perky Spotter to clean, white colorfast absorbent towel and blot and agitate onto spot or stain. Blot area with the towel and repeat the process if necessary
How to Remove Deep & Stubborn Spots with Perky:
- Most spot removal is simply done by lifting soil with Perky Spotter on a soft white cloth, but more seriously affected areas require agitation. The Handi Groom tool is designed especially for this purpose.
- Agitate soil areas with a Handi Groom tool. Remove excess dry soil by vacuuming thoroughly.
- Apply generous amount of Perky Spotter directly onto soild area.
- Use the Handi Groom tool to activate Perky Spotter’s emulsifying action.
- Extract excess moisture with the extractor feature of the Handi Groom tool.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 for stubborn spots.
- Use a Handi Groom tool to comb and restore distorted fibers.
Related Articles and Information:
Related Spot and Stain Removal Videos:
Free Bane-Clene Information Package
Free packet of information about Bane-Clene can be obtained by calling toll-free 1-800-428-9512 (U.S. ONLY!). Your information packet will include a full color catalog and price addendum. Packets will arrive in approximately 2 weeks through standard United States Mail.
You can also order the packet at the Catalog Request Form.
“Proudly Made in the USA”