Whink® Rust Stain Remover
- Rust is a very simple stain to remove from carpets and upholstery. Whink Rust Remover starts to dissolve rust on contact. Apply to the stained carpet and literally watch it disappear.
- The fast action of Whink Rust Remover is specially formulated to transform the metal rust (iron oxide) into a transparent aqueous solution that can then be easily extracted from the carpet.
- Whink Rust Stain Remover removes aluminum stains too.
- Removing rust from carpet due to furniture legs, filing cabinets, exercise equipment or other metal objects is easy for Whink Rust Remover.
- Whink Rust Remover is a fast acting rust remover containing hydrofluoric acid.
- Penetrates and removes rust from all colorfast fibers.
- NOTE: Some fibers turn pink with application of strong acids such as Whink Rust Remover. Normally, applying non-sudsing ammonia will reverse this color change due to pH sensitive carpet dyes. No need to rinse after the ammonia.
- Use concentrated: Undiluted
- Use pH: Less than 1
Whink Rust Stain Remover Directions:
- Apply Whink to the rust stain.
- Agitate with bone scraper or Carpet Shark (not the finger!).
- Allow the Whink about 5 minutes to dissolve the rust stain.
- Follow Whink Rust Stain Remover with warm water extraction
- Dry blot with towels.
NOTE: Whink is extremely hazardous. Remember, products containing hydrofluoric acid, such as Whink, not only etch glass but can cause severe burns to the skin! WEAR RUBBER GLOVES. Do not get any on your skin! Do NOT use on fiberglass or wool. Use with adequate ventilation and skin protection. For professional use only! Not for use by consumers!