Screen Back Discs for Wood-Solv™ Hardwood Floor rRestoration
from Bane-Clene® Corp.
The screen back discs sand down the old finish so that new finish can be applied. Screening is not the same as sanding, which creates a lot of dust. The purpose of screening is simply to remove any waxes, etc. and large numbers of deep scratches. Screening is usually not necessary.
Properties & Specifications:
- Sizes: For 17 inch and 20 inch rotary floor machine buffers.
- Average Coverage: 250 square feet per side.
- Construction: 150 grit - medium fine.
- Quantity: 10 screens per case.
- Catalog Numbers: 32967 and 32969.
How to Use the Screen Back Method to Restore Hardwood Floors:
- If there is a trace of wax or other foreign material that might prevent good adhesion of the finish or a large number of deep scratches, instead of using Wood-Solv Step One No-Sanding Prep, the floor can be dry screened with 150 grit screen back discs before applying finish
- Place screen on floor.
- Place a blue or red pad on the screen to act as a drive pad.
- Place the rotary floor machine, equipped with a drive plate, evenly on the pad.
- Go over the entire floor, removing enough of the old finish that it is dull, but not enough to cut into the grain.
- Replace screen when it is no longer effective. It can be cleaned / vacuumed later.
- Remove dry residue by vacuuming.
- Go over the floor & baseboard with a tack rag.
- View the video for more details
Related Wood Care and Restoration Information and Articles: