Screen Back Discs for Wood-Solv hardwood floor restoration
- Used primarily on hardwood floors.
- The discs sand down the old finish so that new finish can be applied.
- Manufactured with waterproof resins and silicon carbide abrasive.
- 150 grid - medium fine.
- Average coverage of a screen disc is 250 sq. ft. per side.
- A necessity in wood floor refinishing.
Screen Back Method
If there is a trace of wax or other foreign material that might prevent good adhesion of the finish, instead of using Step One No-Sanding Prep, the floor can be dry screened with 150 grit screen back discs:
- Place screen on floor.
- Place a blue or red pad on the screen to act as a drive pad.
- Place the rotary floor machine, equipped with a drive plate, evenly on the pad.
- Go over the entire floor, removing enough of the old finish that it is dull, but not enough to cut into the grain.
- Replace screen when it is no longer effective. It can be cleaned / vacuumed later.
- Remove dry residue by vacuuming.
- Go over the floor & baseboard with a tack rag.