Sporicidin® Disinfectant Solution
from Bane-Clene® Corp.
Use Sporicidin for Mold Remediation, Carpet Decontamination, Water & Flood Damage, Sewer Back-flow Cleanup to deal with the mold and mildew. Bleach has limited effectiveness against mold and also emit harmful chemicals into the air, especially if mixed with anything else.
Features and Benefits of Sporicidin:
- One-step cleaning, deodorizing and disinfection.
- EPA/FDA/OSHA Compliant.
- EPA toxicity rating “low/very low”.
- Sporicidin Disinfectant Solution is EPA-registered to clean, disinfect and deodorize and prevents mold and mildew growth.
- Fungicidal, bactericidal, virucidal, mildewcidal and tuburculocidal.
- Non-corrosive to surfaces including plastics, latex, vinyl, glass, wood, metal and porcelain.
- Contains a pharmaceutical active ingredient system with no harsh chemicals, such as bleach.
- Provides 100% kill of disease and odor causing organisms.
- No special shipping or disposal restrictions.
- Registered in all 50 states (including California), Puerto Rico and Canada.
- Will not inhibit the adhesion of paint.
- Sporicidin Disinfectant Solution is EPA registered to provide up to six months of continuous residual bacteriostatic activity after it is applied to surfaces.
- Sporicidin Disinfectant Solution is approved for decontaminating carpets.
- Recommended for use on floors, walls and ceilings in areas damaged by water, smoke and sewage.
- Sporicidin Disinfectant Solution can be used to clean and disinfect biohazards at trauma and crime scenes where blood and bodily fluids are found. Bloodborne Pathogens Standards (29 CFR 1910.1030).
Properties & Specifications:
- Restrictions on Use: Professional Use Only. Keep out of reach of children.
- Form: Clear, Colorless Liquid.
- Odor: Slight.
- Use pH: 7.5.
- Use Concentration: Undiluted.
- Safe for: Stain-resistant nylon carpet.
- Storage: Protect product from freezing. Keep container closed when not in use.
- Container Size: Single gallons.
- Manufacturer: Contec®.
- EPA Registration Numbers: 8383.
- Flammability: Non-flammable.
Sporicidin Disinfectant Solution is proven effective against disease and odor-causing organisms including:
- Aspergillus niger (mold), Avian Influenza A, H9N2 (bird flu)
- Canine Parvo virus, Chaetomium, Coronavirus (SARS), Cytomegalovirus
- E. Coli, Herpes, HIV-1 (Aids Virus)
- Influenza A2, Influenza “A” (H1 N1) (Swine Flu)
- M. Tuberculosis, MRSA (Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus)
- Norovirus, Parvovirus, Pellicularia, Penicillium variabile, Polio type 1, Pseudomonas, Ringworm
- Salmonella, SARS, Scabies, Stachybotrys, Staphylococcus, Streptococcus, Swine Flu
- Trichophyton mentagrophytes (Athlete’s foot), Vaccinia, VRE
Recommended Uses for Sporicidin Disinfectant Solution:
- Mold/IAQ remediation.
- Sewer back flow cleanup.
- Trauma & crime scene cleanup.
- Carpet cleaning, decontaminating and odor control.
- Misting and dust suppression.
- Water and flood damage restoration.
- Disinfections of hard, non-porous environmental surfaces.
- Cleaning, disinfecting and deodorizing of equipment and personal protective equipment.
Sporicidin Disinfectant Solution Directions:
- For all applications, always test in inconspicuous areas prior to full product usage.
- Surfaces and objects should be pre-cleaned to remove debris and gross contamination using Sporicidin Disinfectant Solution.
- Next, apply Sporicidin Disinfectant Solution by choice method and allow the surface to remain wet for 10 minutes to kill vegetative organisms.
- Sporicidin Disinfectant Solution can be applied by sponge, mop, cloth, pressure sprayer, ULV misting device, portable sprayer, or by portable or truck-mounted carpet cleaning machines.
- Contact Time for Disinfection Spray to thoroughly wet entire object or surface: HIV is killed within 1-minute contact time. Use a 10-minute contact time for other organisms.
- Mold Remediation/IAQ: Sporicidin Disinfectant Solution is an EPA registered fungicide that cleans, disinfects and deodorizes. It provides continuous residual bacteriostatic activity for 6 months after application. Mold can grow on water-damaged surfaces in as little as 24 to 48 hours. In flood situations, take steps to dry affected areas as quickly as possible. Remove excess water as soon as possible. Some web sites say to use fans to circulate and absorb moisture in the air - this will just circulate the mold spores everywhere else! Throw out all water-logged and mold-infested materials that are replaceable, such as carpeting or ceiling tiles. If drywall has absorbed water, the drywall should be cut out 12 inches above the water level and replaced once the room has dried out. Wet foggers can be used to treat large or inaccessible spaces such as basements and attics. Foggers are available for rent at home improvement stores in the tool rental department. Run a dehumidifier to take additional moisture out of the air. Lastly, help prevent future mold growth by applying Sporicidin or MediClean® (Microban®) Disinfectant Spray to vulnerable surfaces.
- Clean, Disinfect and Deodorize: Pre-clean contaminated area with Sporicidin Disinfectant Solution to remove excess vegetative growth, filth or contaminates. Thoroughly wet pre-cleaned area with Sporicidin Disinfectant Solution and allow surfaces to remain wet for ten minutes. Sporicidin can be applied by hand sprayer, sponge, mop, cloth, pressure sprayer, fogging device, portable sprayer, portable or truck-mounted carpet cleaning machine.
- Dust and Spore Suppression Applications: Use Sporicidin Disinfectant Solution to effectively knock down and suppress airborne dust particles and spores within containment areas prior to final clearance inspection and testing during mold mitigation. Mist Sporicidin Disinfectant Solution into the air within the containment area using a trigger sprayer, pressure sprayer or fogging device in accordance with device manufacturer instructions. Refer to applicable fogging or misting guideline section below for more information. Allow mist or vapor to settle onto surfaces and remain wet for ten minutes. Thoroughly clean and wipe all hard, non-porous surfaces with Sporicidin Disinfectant Solution using clean cloth, sponge or mop. Allow surfaces to air dry.
- Fogging: Sporicidin Disinfectant Solution is recommended for fogging surfaces and articles in sealed rooms adjunct to manual cleaning and disinfecting. Vacate the area to be fogged. Seal windows, doors, air intakes and ducts. Fill fogging device with Sporicidin and set timer for treatment cycle as recommended by manufacturer. Turn on the device, leave the room area and seal the door. Enter the area after it has been properly ventilated.
- Misting Applications: Misting treatments may be applied using a pressure sprayer, trigger sprayer or an electric fogging device and Sporicidin Disinfectant Solution. Seal all doors, windows and intake ducts or vents. Vacate the area to be treated. Personnel remaining in the contained area should wear personal protective equipment (PPE) during the misting application in accordance with OSHA Respiratory Protection Standards (see Respiratory Protection notice below). Fill misting device with Sporicidin Disinfectant Solution and adjust device output to desired settings. Mist disinfectant into air and onto articles and/or surfaces allow remaining wet for 10 minutes. Vacate room and reseal door. Treated area should remain sealed for 15 to 30 minutes after the misting application is complete. Ventilate treated area prior to commencing normal cleaning procedures. Follow regular Sporicidin cleaning and disinfecting procedures upon returning to the treated area.
- Water/Flood Damage: Remove excess floodwater and foreign matter. Pre-clean contaminated surfaces with Sporicidin Disinfectant Solution using mop, cloth, sponge or pressure sprayer. Wipe dry. After final cleaning, reapply Sporicidin Disinfectant Solution to affected areas and allow to remain for 10 minutes. Sporicidin Disinfectant Solution provides 100% kill of disease and odor-causing organisms and provides up to 6 months continuous, residual bacteriostatic protection when applied to pre-cleaned hard, non-porous surfaces.
- Sewage Back flow: Remove foreign matter prior to cleaning and disinfecting. Saturate contaminated surfaces with Sporicidin Disinfectant Solution with a mop, cloth, sponge or pressure sprayer to pre-clean. Wipe dry. After pre-cleaning, reapply Sporicidin Disinfectant Solution to affected areas and allow to remain for 10 minutes. Sporicidin Disinfectant Solution provides 100% kill of disease and odor -causing organisms and provides up to 6 months continuous, residual bacteriostatic protection when applied to pre-cleaned hard, non-porous surfaces.
- Trauma Scene Cleanup: Sporicidin Disinfectant Solution complies with OSHA bloodborne pathogens standard and can be used effectively to remove bodily fluids present at crime scenes. Disposal of Infectious Materials Blood and other bodily fluids should be autoclaved and disposed of
according to local regulations for infectious waste disposal.
- Cleans: Sporicidin Disinfectant Solution contains an effective combination of surfactants which break down and remove soils and stains commonly found in carpets. When used as part of a carpet maintenance program, Sporicidin helps carpets last longer.
- Decontaminates: Sporicidin Disinfectant Solution removes and limits the growth of new organisms.
- Deodorizes: Sporicidin Disinfectant Solution kills the organisms that cause odors. Pre-test for colorfastness by applying Sporicidin to an inconspicuous area and rubbing with a clean white cloth. If the color changes or transfers to the cloth, a water-based cleaning method should not be used.
- Pre-Spray Method: Sporicidin Disinfectant Solution can be applied to carpets using a pressure sprayer. Wet carpet with Sporicidin Disinfectant Solution and brush or roll into carpet nap. Allow carpets to remain damp for 10 minutes before extracting. Sporicidin Disinfectant Solution is pre-mixed and ready to use.
- Portable/Truckmount Method: Add Sporicidin Disinfectant Solution to tank or bottle. Pre-treat heavily soiled or contaminated areas prior to final cleaning and extraction. After extraction, set carpet pile in one direction with carpet rake or brush and raise furniture legs until dry. Air movers may be used to speed the drying process. Sporicidin Disinfectant Solution is pre-mixed and ready to use.
- Equipment Disinfection: Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): Sporicidin Disinfectant Solution can be used to clean, disinfect and deodorize Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). It is non-corrosive to plastics, latex, vinyl, glass, wood, metal and porcelain. Sporicidin is non-staining, non-flammable and non-abrasive. It is recommended on such items as respirators, breathing apparatus, goggles, hard hats, hearing protectors, gloves, aprons and boots. Clean contaminated surfaces with Sporicidin and allow to air dry. Follow manufacturer’s recommended directions for cleaning and decontaminating personal protective equipment.
- Restoration Equipment: Use Sporicidin Disinfectant Solution to effectively clean, disinfect and deodorize restoration equipment after use for mold remediation, trauma scene cleaning, water/flood damage restoration or sewage clean up. Unplug equipment from power source. Clean exterior and accessible interior surfaces with Sporicidin Disinfectant Solution. Surfaces should remain wet for 10 minutes and allow to air dry. Thoroughly clean reusable filters or strainers with Sporicidin Disinfectant Solution and allow to remain for 10 minutes for 100% kill of vegetative disease-causing organisms.
- To deodorize and decontaminate waste recovery tanks and reservoirs: Remove gross contaminates and sediment from tank. Thoroughly clean interior surfaces with Sporicidin Disinfectant Solution and air dry. To clean and deodorize extraction hoses and wands: Attach hose and wand to extractor/truck mount. Turn unit on to create vacuum source. Spray Sporicidin Disinfectant Solution into wand/hose opening for several minutes to thoroughly coat interior surfaces. Turn unit off. Clean exterior of disinfected wand and apply with Sporicidin before storing.
Veterinary and Other Animal Facilities:
- Sporicidin Disinfectant Solution cleans, disinfects and deodorizes (kills the organisms that cause odors) in animal areas, such as kennels, cages, stables, portable carriers, vehicles, trailers and on instruments. Vacate the area and pre-clean surfaces with Sporicidin Disinfectant Solution or Sporicidin Enzymatic Cleaner to remove excess debris prior to disinfecting. To disinfect, wet surfaces with Sporicidin Disinfectant Solution and allow to remain for 10 minutes, allow to air dry before returning animals. Kills Parvovirus.
Fogging Articles and Surfaces in Sealed Clean Rooms and Cubicles:
- Sporicidin Disinfectant Solution is recommended for fogging articles and surfaces in sealed clean rooms and cubicles as an adjunct to manual cleaning. Vacate the area to be fogged. Seal all windows, doors, air intakes and ducts. Fill fogging device with Sporicidin and set timer for treatment cycle as recommended by device manufacturer and turn on device. Leave room and reseal door for 2 hours after fogging cycle has completed. Ventilate room or cubicle.
NOTE: Many states require that a contractor applying a pest control product be licensed. Please contact your state EPA office for further information.
Related Disinfectant, Mold and Flood Damage:
Click the “Usage & Tips” tab above for article titled “What are Disinfectants, Germicides, Anti-Microbials, Sanitizers?”
Free Bane-Clene Information Package
Free packet of information about Bane-Clene can be obtained by calling toll-free 1-800-428-9512 (U.S. ONLY!). Your information packet will include a full color catalog and price addendum. Packets will arrive in approximately 2 weeks through standard United States Mail.
You can also order the packet at the Catalog Request Form.