Pro’s Choice Rust Away Fast Acting Safer Rust Remover for Carpet
from Bane-Clene® Corp.
Pro’s Choice “Rust Away” is a more very fast acting, pleasant and safer to use alternative that quickly and easily removes even the toughest rust stains from carpet.
Features and Benefits of Rust Away:
- Quickly and easily removes even the toughest rust stains from carpet.
- Quickly converts rust to a colorless substance that can be easily rinsed away.
- Rust Away is safer, simpler and more economical.
- Just apply to rust, agitate and rinse clean.
- Unlike most rust removers, Rust Away does not contain hazardous, poisonous un-neutralized hydrofluoric acid.
- No “Skull and Crossbones” warning symbol on this bottle!
- Contains no dangerous, poisonous Oxalic Acid.
- Rust Away contains Citric Acid and Ammonium Bifluoride.
- Rust Away is included in the Pro’s Choice Professional Spotting Kit.
Properties & Specifications:
- Restrictions on Use: Professional Use Only. Keep out of reach of children.
- Form: Clear, colorless liquid.
- Odor: Light clean smell.
- Use pH: 3.
- Use Concentration: Undiluted.
- Storage: Protect product from freezing. Keep container closed when not in use.
- Container Size: Pint (16 ounce) bottles.
- Manufacturer: Pro’s Choice (Chemical Technologies International Inc.®)
- Country of Manufacture: United States of America.
- Flammability: Non-flammable.
How to Use Pro’s Choice Rust Away to Remove Rust on Carpet:
- We strongly suggest that you practice on some carpet scraps to develop the technique before using the product and technique on a customer’s carpet.
- Test in an inconspicuous area for color fastness prior to use.
- Extraction rinse the area first to remove oils and any other possible contaminants.
- Apply Rust Away directly to the rust stain.
- Agitate treated fibers gently with carpet shark, bone scraper or soft-bristled brush.
- Allow approximately 1 minute dwell time.
- Extraction clean area.
- Blot clean.
- Repeat if needed.
- Removing older, blackened, heavy rust stains may require a stronger rust remover, such as Whink Rust Remover.
- CAUTION: Removal of some of the carpet dye is always possible in this type of system!
- Do not use on natural fibers, such as wool and silk.
- Note: Some nylon carpets will turn pink when treated with a strong acid due to use of an “indicator dye”. Should this happen, simply apply non-sudsing ammonia to the area and allow to dry.
Related Spotting Information and Articles:
Related Spot and Stain Removal Videos:
Free Bane-Clene Information Package
Free packet of information about Bane-Clene can be obtained by calling toll-free 1-800-428-9512 (U.S. ONLY!). Your information packet will include a full color catalog and price addendum. Packets will arrive in approximately 2 weeks through standard United States Mail.
You can also order the packet at the Catalog Request Form.