ChlorX Bleach Neutralizer for CMC Color Modifying Cosmetics by Pro’s Choice
from Bane-Clene® Corp.
ChlorX is a highly active bleach neutralizer to be used before redyeing bleached carpet.
Properties & Specifications:
- Restrictions on Use: Professional Use Only. Keep out of reach of children.
- Form: White powder.
- Odor: Slight sulfur odor.
- Use pH: 6.
- Use Concentration: 3 ounces ChlorX in 8 ounces of water.
- Approved Use: Safe for stain-resistant nylon carpet.
- Storage: Keep container closed and dry when not in use.
- Container Size: 10 ounces.
- Manufacturer: Pro’s Choice - CTI - Chemical Technologies International Inc.
- Flammability: Non-flammable.
- Catalog Number: 35112.
Procedure for eliminating bleach spots on carpet with Pro’s Choice ChlorX:
- WARNING: Chlorine bleach dissolves wool and damages cotton.
- Absorb and flush with water.
- Repeat this process at least 3 times to remove as much contamination as possible.
- If the spill was extremely heavy, use the Water Claw® Sub-Surface Spot Lifter to more thoroughly flush out the bleach spill. Even then, it may be necessary to remove the contaminated padding to avoid chlorine bleaching fumes and liquid from wicking to the surface and ruining your repair.
- As with all cleaning chemicals pre-test your procedure in an inconspicuous area prior to using.
- Dissolve 3 ounces of ChlorX per gallon of water.
- Thoroughly soak the bleached area with ChlorX Bleach Neutralizer to neutralize the bleach.
- Allow 3 minutes dwell time prior to your color restoration.
- Rinse out the anti-chlor.
- Very important: Remove as much moisture as possible before you begin your color restoration.
- You are now ready to restore the color to the bleached out area with the Pro’s Choice CMC Combo Kit.
Related Information and Articles:
Free Bane-Clene Information Package
Free packet of information about Bane-Clene can be obtained by calling toll-free 1-800-428-9512 (U.S. ONLY!). Your information packet will include a full color catalog and price addendum. Packets will arrive in approximately 2 weeks through standard United States Mail.
You can also order the packet at the Catalog Request Form.
“Proudly Made in the USA”