Directions for Using Impregnator Pro Heavy Duty Penetrating Sealer on stone, marble, granite, tile and grout:
- Always test in a small inconspicuous area with a 24-hour cure time to determine ease of application and desired results.
- Allow new grout installations to cure a minimum of 72 hours prior to application.
- Make sure surface is clean, dry and free of waxes and coatings.
- Mask off and protect any baseboards or adjacent areas to avoid splashing and overspray onto surfaces not intended to be treated.
- Liberally apply an even coat of sealer with a paintbrush, paint roller or solvent-resistant, low-pressure sprayer.
- Allow to penetrate the surface for 5-30 minutes; denser material may require more time for sealer to penetrate.
- Wipe off any excess sealer.
- For large areas, use a bonnet.
- Do not allow Impregnator Pro Stone Sealer to dry on surface.
- A second coat is recommended for porous or absorbent surfaces and should be applied one hour after initial application as directed in steps 2 & 3.
- Do not walk on surface for at least 4 hours.
- Full cure is achieved in 24-48 hours.
- If, after drying, a light haze appears, lightly dampen a clean towel with sealer and wipe surface to remove.
- Clean equipment with mineral spirits.
Coverage & Expected Wear for Impregnator Pro Heavy Duty Penetrating Sealer, depending on type of stone, porosity, texture of surface and method of application -approximately 40-275 sq. ft. per gallon.
Expected Wear (with proper care):
3 - 5 years on interior surfaces and
1 - 3 years on exterior surfaces.
Proper Care of Stone Protected with Impregnator Pro Heavy Duty Penetrating Sealer:
To maintain the stone’s natural beauty, clean surface as needed with StoneTech Professional Revitalizer™ or All Purpose Stone & Tile Cleaner.