StoneTech™ Heavy Duty Coating Stripper for Stone Surfaces
from Bane-Clene® Corp.
Heavy Duty Coating Stripper effectively removes epoxy grout haze residue, lacquer, shellac, acrylic, paints, varnish, urethane and other tough coatings from stone, tile and grout.
StoneTech Heavy Duty Coating Stripper removes tough coatings such as epoxy on stone floors, countertops, backsplashes, etc. from:
Heavy Duty Coating Stripper Features and Benefits:
- Professional strength formula.
- Removes tough coatings, lacquers, varnishes and epoxy grout haze.
- Low odor and non-flammable.
- Easy to use, water-based formula.
- Easily & safely breaks down tough coatings and epoxy grout residue.
- Safe for all stone, tile and masonry.
- Easily rinses with water.
Properties & Specifications:
- Restrictions on Use: Professional Use Only. Keep out of reach of children. Not intended for use on surfaces other than stone & masonry. Do not mix with other chemicals.
- Form: Clear Liquid.
- Size: Single Gallons.
- Manufacturer: StoneTech™ / Laticrete®.
- Country of Manufacture: United States of America.
- Coverage: This 1 gallon bottle will cover approximately 80-200 square feet.
- Storage: Do not freeze or store above 100°F.
- Odor: Mild.
- Use pH: 11.5.
- VOC content: 9.9 %.
- Flammability: Non-flammable.
How to Use Heavy Duty Coating Stripper to Remove Tough Coatings from Stone Surfaces:
- Read entire label and safety sheet before using and use only as directed.
- Test in a small inconspicuous area to determine the effectiveness, desired results and the most appropriate dwell time required to remove tough coatings or epoxy grout residue.
- Be sure all surfaces to be cleaned are swept or vacuumed to remove loose debris.
- Ensure work area is well-ventilated during application and until surface is dry.
- Keep children and pets out of the area until foot traffic resumes.
- Avoid contact with surfaces not intended to be treated.
- Product can cause plastics to haze and can dull linoleum surfaces.
- Mask off any baseboards and adjacent areas to avoid splashing and drips onto areas not intended to be stripped.
- Do not get on vinyl floors.
- Avoid applying in direct sunlight.
- Should not be used in extreme temperatures.
- Recommended application temperature range is 50°F to 90°F.
- SHAKE WELL BEFORE USING.
- Do not dilute before applying.
- Wear rubber gloves and eye protection during handling and application to prevent skin and eye contact.
- Liberally apply an even coat over the required area with a solvent-resistant paint brush, mop, deck bush or paint pad.
- DO NOT APPLY PRODUCT WITH A SPRAYER.
- Apply a second coat 10 minutes after the first coat to even out the thickness of the application
- Immediately remove product from unintended surfaces with a wet cloth to prevent potential damage to those surfaces.
- Application times will vary depending on type of coating being removed. The following are approximate application times:
- Sealer, Wax and Varnish: 30 to 60 minutes.
- Polyurethane and Acrylic: 1 to 2 hours.
- Epoxy Grout Haze: 1 to 2 hours.
- For tough or heavy coatings, longer dwell times and multiple applications may be necessary. Coating Stripper will continue to work for up to 24 hours.
- Do not let Heavy Duty Coating Stripper dry on the surface.
- If product starts to dry, add water to keep surface wet.
- Agitate surface with a floor machine, nylon scrub brush or pad after testing a small area first to make sure that brush or pad will not scratch stone.
- Surface can be wet with water to enable easier removal of coating.
- Wipe up residual coating with clean, dry cloths sponge, wet/dry vacuum or damp mop.
- Rinse surface well with clean water.
- Do not walk on surface during use as floor will be very slippery.
- Clean tools with water.
- Surface traffic may begin 2 hours after removal of coating.
- To protect stone’s natural beauty, seal your stone with Bullet Proof® Sealer or Impregnator Pro.
- Highly alkaline, acidic, ammoniated, or abrasive cleaners are not necessary for daily maintenance and may also degrade the StoneTech sealer used, adversely affecting stain resistance. Tile and stone routine cleaning with a neutral pH cleaner such as StoneTech All Purpose Stone & Tile Cleaner is recommended. For tough or difficult to remove soil use StoneTech Klenz-All™ Cleaner, a nylon scrubbing pad or a long handled stiff bristle brush.
Additional Stone, Ceramic and Porcelain Tile & Grout Information:
Free Bane-Clene Information Package
Free packet of information about Bane-Clene can be obtained by calling toll-free 1-800-428-9512 (U.S. ONLY!). Your information packet will include a full color catalog and price addendum. Packets will arrive in approximately 2 weeks through standard United States Mail.
You can also order the packet at the Catalog Request Form.
“Proudly Made in the USA”