APS™ All Purpose Spotter for Carpets, Rugs and Upholstery
from Bane-Clene® Corp.
A multi-faceted, ready-to-use stain and spot remover for carpets, rugs and upholstery, APS All Purpose Spotter removes nearly all stains and spots, including coffee, grease, grime, ink and animal accidents.
APS All Purpose Spotter is nonflammable, contains no mineral spirits and emits no toxic or irritating fumes. It contains multiple solvents, a water-soluble deodorizer and a detergent system which cleans, brightens and deodorizes in one step. Has a pleasant pine fragrance. Always rinse thoroughly after use.
APS All Purpose Spotter contains no cationic ingredients, which void stain-resistant nylon warranties.
Properties & Specifications:
- Appearance: Clear, nearly colorless thin liquid.
- Odor: Pine.
- Use pH: 9.5–10.0
- Use Concentration: Use undiluted.
- Approved Use: Safe for stain-resistant nylon carpet.
- Storage: Protect product from freezing. Keep container closed when not in use.
- Container Size: Quart bottles.
- Manufacturer: Bane-Clene Corp.®.
- Country of Manufacture: United States of America.
- Catalog Number: 10220.
Directions for Removing Spots from Carpets, Rugs and Upholstery with APS:
- Pre-test in an inconspicuous location for dye stability and upholstery shrinkage.
- Always ask what has already been used on the spot or stain.
- UNLESS soot or other insoluble powder, simply clean first.
- Don’t do anything to void warranty.
- Remove excess debris with spoon, spatula or towel.
- Apply APS to spot and work it into spot with a tamping brush, bone scraper or Carpet Shark.
- BLOT, don’t rub - rubbing may distort the fiber tips.
- Work from edges to center to keep from spreading the spot.
- Blot using clean, white, absorbent towels.
- Brush fabric to align fibers.
- Don’t over-wet (causes wicking).
- Avoid doing anything to make the spot or stain YOUR problem by making it bigger or making it a different color or by causing any damage!
- If spot cleaning upholstery, clean entire cushion, not just a spot.
- If you are removing a spot on a zippered cushion, place a towel under fabric under the area while spotting and remove later - to reduce wicking.
- Always rinse thoroughly after use.
- If a large or heavy spill, apply Stain Blotter to keep the stain from wicking back up and reappearing.
- If wool, cotton or other natural fiber, apply Brown Out™ after spotting and cleaning to prevent browning.
- Dry as fast as possible.
- Be patient!
- Under-promise & over-deliver!
- CAUTION: Some medicines such as acne medicine contain oxidants such as benzoyl peroxide. These medicines will bleach the carpet dye when spotted with any water-based spotter such as APS. USE SPARINGLY.
Related Spot and Stain Removal Information, Articles and Videos:
Free Bane-Clene Information Package
Free packet of information about Bane-Clene can be obtained by calling toll-free 1-800-428-9512 (U.S. ONLY!). Your information packet will include a full color catalog and price addendum. Packets will arrive in approximately 2 weeks through standard United States Mail.
You can also order the packet at the Catalog Request Form.
“Proudly Made in the USA”