Water Pump Repair and Schematic for Bane-Clene® Carpet Cleaning Extraction Equipment
from Bane-Clene® Corp.
How to Repair the Water Pump for Detergent Solutions Used in Bane-Clene Carpet Cleaning Equipment
If you do not have water pressure, it is likely that the rubber stator inside the solution pump has worn, blown or been damaged by running your machine dry.
How to Repair Broken Flex Joint #20580:
- Separate the two halves of the solution pump housing.
- Leave the base of the pump in the base unit and the drive belt attached.
- A 15 mm six point socket will slip snugly over the broken half of the flex joint attached to the pump shaft.
- Using an impact wrench, spin the broken part out of the threads in the pump shaft (turning it counter clockwise).
- Remove the stator and auger from the other half of the housing.
- Clamp the auger in a padded vise and use the 15 mm socket and impact wrench to remove the other broken half of the flex joint from the auger (turning the socket counter clockwise).
- The repair can be accomplished in the field by using a socket extension or two and striking the ratchet handle sharply with a hammer to remove the broken part from the pump shaft.
- The other half can be removed from the auger by the same method. But leave the auger in the stator while striking the ratchet handle sharply with a hammer.
- Got dirty hands from doing this? Booster is as good a hand cleaner as any you will find in an auto parts store. Use it straight.
Related Information and Articles:
Free Bane-Clene Information Package
Free packet of information about Bane-Clene can be obtained by calling toll-free 1-800-428-9512 (U.S. ONLY!). Your information packet will include a full color catalog and price addendum. Packets will arrive in approximately 2 weeks through standard United States Mail.
You can also order the packet at the Catalog Request Form.
“Proudly Made in the USA”